Monday, January 3, 2011

SMARTINITDISABLE: Warning!

Hi,All
Hope you are well I got warning on my router console do u know what is that?
I am sharing cause of it issue with memory

"*Dec 29 06:51:46.077: %C2600-4-SMARTINITDISABLE: Warning! You have disabled SMART INIT
and manually configured the amount of IO memory allocated. This is HIGHLY
discouraged on the Cisco 2600XM Series platforms as it may deprive the
system of memory necessary for normal operation. It is highly recommended
that SMART INIT not be disabled to ensure proper router operation."

I got this warning message when i reboot my router or i comes automatically on my router console after upgrading IOS image!!!

Well Well... It just warning but very important we have to consider it.
it comes usually cause of following reason!!
(1)If we set IOMSET in rommo mode : iomemset percentages
Ref link : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1800/1841/software/configuration/guide/b_rommon.html#wp1069508
(2)If we are install wrong IOS image on platform (example 2600XM image running on non-2600XM model)

Hope when next time these error comes you can troubleshoot

Regards,
Jignesh

1 comment:

  1. You see...I don't understand why people don't want to be on the CULLING BLOG with MP3 and DEDOONV...you make RIZAFF and EF- FF and you are POPERS with POPPINDA?
    And you even hire paraplegics to help..so ...shouldn't you proud you're into MUSSEC and EXTREME MINING with ODISPA- TEDTOT- PATEDERE- TABLEPA- OBBLEEZZ?
    OSIRIS?
    What's OSIRIS?
    I thought HYDRA was an investment with GE and GESSIS?
    COCNINES?
    HYDICA?
    OMG!
    That's with RICK the PRICK?
    GROSS!
    And the HO - ONTARIO with KILLA COLES is don't tell me- GE?
    GET OUTTE!

    ReplyDelete